How ready is your dealership for the rise of electric vehicles?
In our latest eBook, “The rise of electric vehicles”, we take a closer look at the growing market for Alternatively Fuelled Vehicles (AFVs). Hybrids and fully electric cars are already roaming the roads and growing in numbers. Manufacturers are launching new models to ensure they’re at the forefront of this change. Governments have announced policies to scale down and eventually ban the sale of new petrol and diesel vehicles over the next two decades. And charging stations are popping up in their thousands.
Here’s an overview of the content you can expect to find in our electric vehicles eBook:
- The current marketplace and AFVs’ increasing share – AFVs now make up over 6% of total market share, rising almost 21% in 2018, compared with a 10% fall in diesel sales. What AFV types are drivers opting for? There are a range of choices, from plug-in hybrids to pure battery electric.
- The best selling AFV makes and models – Department for Transport data obtained by Car Care Plan reveals the best selling AFV brands, including Nissan, Tesla, BMW, Renault, Audi, Kia, Hyundai, VW, Smart, Mercedes Benz and more. But who comes out on top?
- How the NFDA is helping dealers prepare for the rising demand for AFVs – The NFDA has conducted a survey to find out which brands are engaging their franchised dealers best to sell AFVs. Who is leading the way? They’ve also issued guidance to help their 5,000 members better understand AFV technology.
- Is UK infrastructure ready for roads full of AFVs – Is UK infrastructure ready for EVs? Can fuelling stations meet the potential demand of millions of battery-operated cars in need of charging? And do we have the skilled workforce to build the necessary infrastructure as well as annual maintenance and repairs on these cars?
- Are hydrogen fuel cell engines set to rival battery electric for the AFV crown – There may not be many fuel cell electric vehicles (FCEV) on sale today but UK government is investing tens of millions into the technology with a view to its potential to transform our transport system. Should your dealership be preparing for this new technology
For an in-depth analysis of the AFV marketplace and answers to the questions, download our FREE eBook: The rise of electric vehicles