Technical Claims Specialist
Dealing with claims and general telephone enquiries received from customers, dealerships and end users and providing a consistently superior customer experience at all times by meeting or exceeding our customer’s expectations. Using their expert technical knowledge to authorise claims and negotiate claims payments for mechanical breakdown, parts and labour rates, which can involve very high values.
Essential Job Functions:
- To ensure all telephone claims are processed proactively and efficiently within the limits of authority and in line with company policy.
- To ensure claimants are informed of the status of the claim – where a claim is rejected or adjusted. A full explanation of the reasons must be recorded on the claim file.
- To respond to claim enquiries and internet referrals within the limits of authority and in line with company policy and the terms and condition of the product.
- Where requested to process claims payments within the limits of authority and in line with company policy and the terms and condition of the product.
- Using their technical expertise to make claims decisions.
- To ensure any issue that is over and above the limits of authority/scope of the job description is escalated immediately to the relevant manager.
- To deliver a consistently superior customer experience, ensuring that we have met all the customer’s needs, answered all their questions and that then customer fully understands our decisions.
- Responsible for achieving the individual customer service targets set (i.e. Quality, AHT, and Break targets).
- Dealing with all manner of customer payment enquiries including, but not limited to, cancellations, registrations, finance enquiries & policy amendments.
- Ensuring that sufficient notes, of a suitable quality, are recorded on the core policy system after every call or action.
- Ensuring that the complaints procedure is followed where a complaint is made, including the issuing of verbal final responses.
- Maintain a positive attitude towards role and assume the positive intent of others. Where there is a potential issue to raise this in an appropriate manor as soon as possible to a suitable manager.
- To represent the company in professional and courteous manner to external customers whether orally or in writing.
- To be cooperative with colleagues promoting good relations and ensuring the highest quality of service at all times to internal & external contacts.
- To undertake any formal or informal training arranged by the company and attend meetings as and when required.
- Undertake other departmental duties commensurate with own skill level and job description in other areas of Operations as and when required.
- To conform to all company policies in force at all times e.g. the security of corporate information, electronic mail policy, computer usage policy.
- To conform to legislative and procedural policies in force at all times e.g. FCA Regulations, DPA requirements.
- To ensure all property assigned is kept in good order with any faulty equipment being immediately reported to the relevant department.
- To adhere to company dress policies and ensuring suitable standards of personal hygiene.
Qualifications, Experience, Competence:
- Holds a City & Guilds Level 3 certificate or equivalent in Motor Vehicle Engineering (Essential).
- Previous Experience of working in a Motor Vehicle Engineering environment (Essential).
- Evidence of working in a FCA regulated environment (Desirable but not essential).
- Able to demonstrate excellent customer service skills (Essential).
- Previous customer service experience (Desirable but not essential).
- Experience of dealing with customers from a diverse customer base (Desirable but not essential).
Evidence of working in a customer focused environment (Desirable but not essential)