Business Development Manager
Due to internal promotion Car Care Plan are looking to recruit a Business Development Manager in the North East of England. The role will be responsible for planning and implementing sales, marketing and development activities in both the development and winning of new volume dealer business. The role will cover the following post code areas, and to be considered for the role applicants must live within one of these postcodes: DH,DL,HU,NE,SR,TD,TS,YO.
• Maintain and further develop existing allocated volume accounts
• Ensure efficient management controls are agreed, and followed within allocated accounts. Including an understanding of the sales process, regulatory process and claims fund performance
• Prospect and network through contacts in order to both install new products into existing accounts, as well as win new accounts, for both volume and core products, that could then be directly managed
• Achieve pre agreed sales targets for both CCP product unit sales as well as CCP margins
• When required, attend and participate in sales meetings held by the Regional Manager/Senior Business Development Manager
• Respond to promptly and follow up on any sales enquiry leads provided and be able to provide an update report on progress (not for all BDM roles)
• Manage own time effectively within the scope of the role, in order to ensure time efficiency against the profit return to CCPP
• Provide pre agreed activity reports, in line with expectations, to the Regional Development Manager.
• To develop a strong business relationship with key dealership management by visiting them every month with the intent to maximise the potential for both the dealer and CCP through FCA compliant selling processes
• To fully utilise the Prospecting suite to enable accurate planning and forecasting all products unit production. Thereby demonstrating a measurable return to CCP via the Prospecting suite and sales report (not for all BDM roles)
• Through use of the CCP claims analyser, proactively manage the loss ratio of all accounts in line with Company standards, by analysing claims trends, including early claims incidence, anti-selection, and use of labour rates to gain agreement to any remedial actions which would need to be in place in order to achieve a satisfactory loss ratio. To close accounts in a timely manner when asked to do so by the Regional Sales Manager
• Ensure that all dealers are using CCP products point of sale material in an appropriate and FSA (where applicable) manner
• Ensure that all administration tasks are completed fully within designated time frame. These tasks include, but are not limited to; Outlook Calendar, Sales Report, Claims Analyser, Prospecting return, Expenses, Business Mileage return, Mobile phone excess charges, FCA on line training
• To maintain a good standard of dress and personal appearance at all times.
• To ensure that the Company vehicle is maintained and kept clean and tidy at all times and that any defects are corrected, as per company guidelines prior to return.
Personal and Professional Development
• Attend internal and external training courses, as required, in order to further develop appropriate business, negotiation and business skills
• Maintain and update a detailed knowledge of all CCP products
• Provide support, where asked for, in other product development activities within the Company
• Identify personal development needs to the line manager, in order to be more effective in the role
• To keep abreast of product knowledge in respect to all CCPP products, both current and any newly introduced products.
Skills & Attributes
• Excellent verbal and written communication
• Excellent people skills and a team player with a high level of customer focus and the ability to motivate, coach and develop individuals to support sales initiatives and deliver results
• Strong organisational and planning skills including the ability to work on a range of projects/tasks and to be able to establish priorities so that results are delivered and deadlines met.
• High level of computer literacy/ IT skills including ability to effectively use MS Office products (specifically Word, Excel and PowerPoint).
• Demonstrate sound sales processes and techniques, especially the ability to negotiate and actively close sales.
• High standard of personal presentation and the ability to present to all levels.
• Enthusiastic, flexible, resilient and capable of using own initiative.
• Ability to collect, collate, understand and evaluate information including financial data with good attention to detail.
• Sound Business Acumen/ commercially astute with good commercial background demonstrated via qualification or relevant career history
• Financial and Insurance products and services including interpretation of CSI data
• Financial legislation, e.g. CCA, FCA compliance
• Dealership/franchise systems and procedures and working practices
Qualifications & Experience
• Good general education – GCSE/equivalent or relevant career experience
• Driving licence (ideally clean) as this role requires extensive travel
• Minimum of 2-3 years in a field sales role, preferably selling a commodity product/service or account management/development within a multi franchised dealer group
• Demonstrate a proactive, professional, customer focused approach to winning sales and developing long-term repeat business with a proven track record in business to business sales
• Worked in a small team environment, managing a high workload and supporting the work of others
• Demonstrate the ability to both prospect, network, identify and successfully gain support to CCP’s product lines