GDPR & Data Governance Manager
GDPR: Responsible for improving the current Data Protection processes within the business, focusing on establishing data flow logs and controls, DSARs, Data Incidents, training and other GDPR related work.
Data Governance: Responsible for building and maintaining a robust data governance framework within the business, ensuring that targets for data quality are being met, and where areas for improvement are identified appropriate corrective action is carried out.
Essential Job Functions:
- Develop, implement, and maintain the data governance framework for the business. This will include setting the definition of good data quality.
- Introduce and own a system for monitoring data quality and compliance with the data governance framework, and where areas for improvement are identified, work with relevant stakeholders to bring the business up to standard.
- As a member of the Operational Resilience and Outsourcing Committee provide regular updates on data quality, any related issues and corrective action being undertaken.
- Promote the importance and value of good data quality and educate the business on the tools and techniques they can use to help achieve this.
- Act as a subject matter expert for regulatory standards and best practice relating to GDPR, PECR, data governance and data quality.
- Be the first point of escalation for matters relating to GDPR, PECR, data governance and data quality.
- Proactively identify opportunities to improve GDPR processes and data governance / quality.
- Collaborate with IT teams to ensure data management requirements are met.
Qualifications, Experience, Competence:
- Business management degree or similar professional qualification.
- Prior experience of working in a managerial capacity in a role involving the development of a data governance framework and GDPR.
- Experience of working in a PRA and/or FCA regulated organisation.
- Insurance experience desirable but not essential.
Functional / Technical Skills & Competencies
- Good understanding of GDPR, data governance and data quality principles and techniques, including the design of governance structures and how to effectively monitor and audit performance.
- Ability to think strategically, identifying risks and opportunities to the business that may arise from data governance and data quality and then communicating these as appropriate.
- Strong presentation skills, particularly the ability to present complex concepts, data and other findings.
- High level of computer literacy – strong Excel skills essential.
1 x GDPR and Data Governance Assistant.
Directly reporting to the Head of Governance, with dotted line reporting to the Group DPO.